Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 1 of DECADE FORTY...it's my birthday today!

Welcome to Fabulous 40, self! It's my birthday today, I am 40 years old, and have never blogged before. I used to keep an old-fashioned journal....you know, the kind with paper and pens; but that was pre-kids. The funny thing is, I started writing in a journal when I was a girl so my kids could see what my life was like when I was dead and gone, but when they came along I just stopped. All those poopy diapers kinda get in the way sometimes.

Soooo, I recently saw Julie & Julia (loved it!) and it gave me the idea to start blogging. What the heck, why not? Little tidbits daily don't sound too hard. I have so many thoughts a day...totally scattered. Maybe this will get me back to the organized woman I USED to be. 8 years at home with 3 kids and some dogs have thrown off my organizational skills a bit. I love the idea, let's see if I stick to it! So right now I'll try to make a goal for myself. One thought a day for a year. Wonder if I can do it? I don't have a laptop and we camp sans-technology so this may not be possible, but I'll give it a try. I'm warning you now, the thoughts will not all be profound, and often probably not make any sense, but who's reading anyway?!

I'll fill in my background and other details as time goes on, but I need to do some work now. Yes, on my BIRTHDAY!! What a crime. So my thought of the day is... (and sometimes it may be longer than a sentence. Actually it often may be, just to clarify.)
Wow, how can I possibly choose one thing? I'll have to give myself a time limit for thinking too while I'm at it. Otherwise it will be too overwhelming. Ok, another rule is it can be a thought or a FACT about myself or anything else I find interesting. That's better. OK, here it is:

Thought/fact of the day:
I'm EXCITED to be 40!

I really am. My 30's were hard work. I got married (well 2 weeks before I turned 30), had 3 kids, lost 2 dogs, helped my husband through alot of challenges (illness, depression, addiction), renovated 2 houses from top to bottom, changed careers from designer to stay-at-home mom/bookkeeper/freelance designer/manual laborer and... well, I guess that's enough for anyone.

More on all that as time goes on. For now, nice to meet you phantom reader. And kids, if I'm dead & gone and you're reading this, I love you, I love you, I love you. This is for you, you beautiful, funny, wonderful, devilish, crazy kids! You make life worth living!

4 comments:

  1. I am honored to be your first follower!!! I love this, not only can I feel connected to my friend, but I am going to get practical advice on how to be 40! love it, love it, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this blog is awesome Renee! You are definitely a strong woman who has been through so much, but you have never given up. I hope I'm as strong as you during future challenges I may face and couldn't have asked for a better big sister. I look forward to reading your daily and I'm sure very random thoughts :) Love you! - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, a blog! I definitely look forward to reading your random thoughts or hearing about your crazy dreams, you do still have those, don't you?? And I love your tid bit about pajamas, so you :-) Happy Birthday Sis! You're a fabulous 40 and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! It should be fun. I like to write but never do it. This will be a good outlet for me I think!

    ReplyDelete